Over the last few years television has tranistioned into two seasons. One season is the classic Fall premiere season which takes place every year around September. But over the last few years Spring has brought a new premiere season. During the halfway point of the season many shows are pulled because of poor performances and replaced with mid season fill ins. This years there are several exciting new shows that have joined in and some with some great potential and top notch actors. So here are the top 5 exciting new shows of the Spring:
6. The Finder (FOX)- This quirky new comedy is a Bones spin-off and actually uses that to their advantage having guest starring roles from several Bones characters. Geoff Stults plays a former military man who has a unique gift of finding things. He can find anything and rents his services to help those in need. He works with his team who consist of lawyer played by Michael Clarke Duncan and girlfriend Mercedes Masohn who just so happens to be a US marshall. Each week consists of a new and strange plot and strange things needing to be found.
5. Touch (FOX)- This is an interesting new show starring Kiefer Sutherland who plays a father with an autistic son with a special power. Kiefer Sutherland works with his son to help people in most unusual ways, some that he doesn’t even see coming. During each episode several characters stories seem to be unrelated but by the end tie together to conclude each plot. Sutherland’s role is a very different take from his Jack Bauer role. He gives a great emotional drama. Too bad he can’t torture some more terrorists.
4. Rob (CBS)- One of the few new comedies which may stick. “Rob” features Rob Schneider who marries a Mexican-American girl and soon learns he not only married her but her entire family. The show is well cast with comic stars. Cheech Marin is wonderful as Schneider’s Father in law and the show is very well written. Not sure this show will have legs but so far it is doing well.
3. The River (ABC)- From executive producer Steven Spielberg and the folks that brought you Paranormal Activity comes this exciting horror drama. A tv explorer goes missing in the Amazon so his family and a film crew set out to find him and then scary things start to happen. A lot of shaky cam and tense moments leads to an exciting show and one of the scariest to ever be shown on network tv. I am really surprised this found a home on ABC.
2. Missing (ABC)- I haven’t had the privledge of seeing this new action drama yet but word of mouth has me putting this as number 2 right away. ABC did a great job landing Ashley Judd in the starring role as a grieving mother whose son has been kidnapped. The only difference is Judd’s character is a former CIA agent and is making it her mission in life to get her son back. It is a lot like Taken but I have been missing a good CIA action show since 24 went off the air.
1. Alcatraz (FOX)- The much anitcipated J.J. Abrams show has been a big hit so far. Sam Neil comes to the small screen as a head of a team who work together to bring former Alcatraz prisoners to justice. The only problem is, it is 50 years after Alcatraz has been shut down and none of the prisoners have aged. Alot of people maybe getting tired of Abrams sci-fi but count me in as on board all the way. If you are missing “Lost” jump on board this exciting show, it’s not too late.